Reoccuring error report

By Ididmyc600
Oct 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

Everyday now i get this error report coming up.

see picture

thing is i cant find the update listed in add/remove (show updates) and i cant find any reference to it when i google.

Any ideas if i should be worried, or whether i can just tick the box marked "never send these reports"
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

Perhaps it is related to a Windows update that did not install properly (update KB953297). If you have automatic updates turned on, you might not have known about it. Anyway, I really don't have any expertise in this matter but when I googled, I found this thread and maybe it might shed some light on the problem for you and lead you to a solution: http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...4d-a08e-b119f16a12f6&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1
  3. WinXPert

WinXPert TechSpot Booster Posts: 527

For KB953297- KB stands for knowledge base. Try searching for KB953297 at Microsoft's web site. It is about MS09-061: Description of the security update for the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1: October 13, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297. Are your apps using .NET Framework 1.1?
  4. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,251

Hi

thanks for the replies i dont remember installing Netframework for anything, mind you these days things get installed in the background, it might have been a game or something like that..like i said though the update isnt shown in the add/remove section,,,all the others are so i cant even attempt to remove it.

I'll do a search in add/remove for netframework and remove it hopefully that may fix it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.