Repaired and Windows wants a new Authentication Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowx775

It seems there was a corrupt file that wouldnt let my keyboard work when windows started.

So I loaded my starter CD's and let it use repair. After it was done an hour later, it let me log in and everything was fine...till I found out it made another problem. It seems when I loaded the CD's it overwrited my old Windows, and made a whole new one or something, yet my old stuff is still there. But it wont let me use some Microsoft specific programs. And then it started saying I had to register my Windows. I'm currently not at my house so haven't had time to use my Authentication Key from that Windows. But if I already used that Key the first time, and its asking again, Im thinking it wont work and will want me to buy a whole new Windows. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PS Kimsland, I posted this again in this forum because it seems more suited and more likely to get help for this problem.

Enter the key and activate via internet. If it says something like 'you've reached your activation limit' then simply call Microsoft from the number provided. Tell them you you just formatted your computer and the number of computers that have this license installed (hopefully just one). After they should give a new registration key. Hope that works.

Enter the key and activate via internet. If it says something like 'you've reached your activation limit' then simply call Microsoft from the number provided. Tell them you you just formatted your computer and the number of computers that have this license installed (hopefully just one). After they should give a new registration key. Hope that works.

Alright, sounds like that would work. Thanks :)

I'll test it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back