Repetitive cooling system warning -- Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-16W

Sorry I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread

I looked up how to remove this warning that keeps coming up on this forum earlier and followed the procedure someone posted about renaming a file called TWARNMSG.EXE. i couldn't find that file, and as the problems and the make of laptop were slightly different, I thought I'd post my issue.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-16W and I have a message that keeps coming up every ~20 seconds headed "System Warning" and reads: "Warning: A problem with the cooling system has been detected. (Next Line) Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service."

I have had this warning coming up for months and tolerated it but it has gotten worse and annoyed me for the last time. I can hear the fan, and the computer is not over heating. No other issues arise like the computer slowing down, it just gets in the way of what I am doing, like typing right now. As I have typed, it's already popped up 6-7 times.

Please help soon, this is preventing me from gaming and even other things by now.

Thanks

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Please stay subscribed.

Note: TWarnMsg twarnmsg.exe > Toshiba System Warning Function for Windows 98, Me, 2000 - provides notification dialog when the cooling fan stops ...

This is a valid program, but it is up to you whether or not you want it to run on startup.
---------------------------------------
There are some rogue programs that give fake alerts or 'critical system messages.' But this isn't one of them. It is specific to the brand of system you have. It might be that someone in the other forum has another idea- but my suggestion would be to take it to a show and have them open and clean out the box.

:(

I also have a Toshiba Satellite C660, with the exact same problem!!
Have you found any solutions?
It's soo annoying.
Many thanks,
Katie

Back