Replaced motherboard, now processor slow

By Jinto
Jan 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone. I come here today with needed assistance regarding my slow processor and sluggish HD video playback. Techspot forums has helped me in the past and I appreciate it greatly.

You see about several months ago my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo went dead on me. Soon after I ordered a used replacement board off Ebay. The replacement board I ordered is the same make and model as my previous board. I installed the new mobo and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP onto a brand new hard drive, then installed all appropriate drivers (at least I hope all of them). After taking care of most duty's accompanied with installing a fresh OS I soon began to realize that my computer that once played HD video flawlessly began to chug unbearably. I also seem to notice that the CPU was constantly strained.

I've been pulling my hair trying to figure out what could be the problem. Is it my replacement mobo? Did I fail to install ALL necessary drivers? Or is it something else entirely? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciat

Jinto.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.