Replaced motherboard, now video is sluggish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinto

Hey everyone. I come to you all with a problem of mine concerning sluggish video playback. Before I replaced my motherboard, video playback was not a problem what so ever. However my old A8N-SLI Deluxe went dead and thus I had to order a used board from e-bay. After installing a new copy of Windows XP (32-bit) onto a new hard drive and all the necessary drivers I began to notice video playback (especially HD video) was sluggish and often time out of sync. I've looked into the problem as best I could before I was forced to come back here and ask for assistance. Assuming I put my rig back together properly I assume my problem lies in the software or the BIOS.

Mod Edit:
Removed pasted log, and then attached it
In future please attach all logs

I would check the bios for video settings. Is the new mobo exactly the same as the old? Also check the obvious, scan for malware. While the video is sluggish check running processes through task manager. Make sure you have newest and correct drivers for video.

I would check the bios for video settings. Is the new mobo exactly the same as the old? Also check the obvious, scan for malware. While the video is sluggish check running processes through task manager. Make sure you have newest and correct drivers for video.

I've scanned my computer with AVG, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and cleaned the registry with Ccleaner. The motherboard is a replacement to my A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo that went dead. It is a used one from Ebay. What can I check in the BIOS?

Check the BIOS for any settings that have to do with video. Also check the running processes as I mentioned, this might give you a clue as to what is hogging up cpu and/or slowing down video.

Check the BIOS for any settings that have to do with video. Also check the running processes as I mentioned, this might give you a clue as to what is hogging up cpu and/or slowing down video.

Anything in specific I should look for when checking the video settings in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back