Replaced motherboard, Windows crashes at startup BSOD

mitch04

Hi Please help. I have just replaced my motherboard on my computer to a asrock g41m-vs3. Using the existing hard drive as soon as the windows logo starts it will crash bluescreen for 2 secs.
Now the problem with that is by looking up on the net, I need to change the sata mode. But with this asrock motherboard I have no sata mode, Cant find it. Must be just been a cheap one. So I put that hard drive in another computer did the exact thing so I changed the sata mode From AHCI to IDE and it starts works perfect.

So there noway off getting it to work on the other computer without reinstalling everything. Problem is that I need all the programs to stay installed because I am a real estate and wont be able to get a new cd key till monday.

So I tried backing up on my other computer to an image. Then found another hard drive and went into recovery mode to install the image. I have got it on a USB external hard drive. So it finds it all I click the image and it straight away says system imaged restore failed. No disk that can be used for recovery the system disk can be found.

Starting to get very annoyed. Any suggestions would be great

Back