1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement for HD 4850

By mlmassie ยท 4 replies
Mar 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I'm pretty sure my 4850 is ready to bite the dust. I'm looking to replace it with a nvidia card around $100.00. any suggestions? I'm running win 7 64 bit, athlon64 5000,4mb ddr2 ,ssd. I do light gaming I.e. diablo series , icewind dale series , witcher series etc. thanks . mlmassie

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Can you give us either the make/model of your mobo, or the make model of your computer if it is a pre-built.

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,448   +145

And a power supply though I expect that whatever's powering the 4850 will do fine for something in the $100 range like a 7750 or a 650Ti if you can find a good deal.

4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +172

For that budget you can consider getting a used card which will give you much better value for money, e.g. a GTX 560Ti or HD 6950.

5. mlmassie

mlmassie TS Member Topic Starter

It's a msi k9n sli v.2. the power supply is a soltech 460watt. thanks for your help. mlmassie