TechSpot

Replacement for HD 4850

By mlmassie
Mar 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I'm pretty sure my 4850 is ready to bite the dust. I'm looking to replace it with a nvidia card around $100.00. any suggestions? I'm running win 7 64 bit, athlon64 5000,4mb ddr2 ,ssd. I do light gaming I.e. diablo series , icewind dale series , witcher series etc. thanks . mlmassie
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Can you give us either the make/model of your mobo, or the make model of your computer if it is a pre-built.
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

And a power supply though I expect that whatever's powering the 4850 will do fine for something in the $100 range like a 7750 or a 650Ti if you can find a good deal.
  4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

For that budget you can consider getting a used card which will give you much better value for money, e.g. a GTX 560Ti or HD 6950.
  5. mlmassie

mlmassie TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

It's a msi k9n sli v.2. the power supply is a soltech 460watt. thanks for your help. mlmassie

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.