Replacing a Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Hey guys, i still have my Intel Pentium D 805. I have my main gaming rig, which is the Quad Q8300, and my secondary rig which is the emachine Intel e5400 system. I want to have a final rig, the 3rd rig, so instead of buying another rig lol, i want to replace the MB in the Intel Pentium D 805 system, i was told that this is my rig:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d102ggc2/sb/cs-022438.htm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121031

Now, recently i bought a brand new WD 500GB Internal HD, a sata connector molex thing, and some sata cords, because i have no plans to change the 300 watts PSU in it, but i need those 2 things to make my sata hd work. Anyways , i am looking to replace the MB, but wanted to know, my mb is a micro atx , can i replace it with any micro atx mb?

If you can find a simple mb that would be nice, anything better then this pentium d 805 system, also the fsb is low, so i am looking for a powerful single core or a different dual core, or triple core, etc.

Price range, 35 bucks and up , limit to 200.

OH AND I NEED A CPU LOL

Wow, that mb and cpu is cool, by reading my information, are you sure thats going to fit in my case along with my already built in psu?

Also, is mb's that has DDR3 work with ddr2 memory sticks?
Total is going to be 202.93 btw.

the motherboard is Micro ATX and so is your case. you psu should have a 24-pin for the motherboard and a 4-pin for cpu power. and the motherboard only works with DDR3

the motherboard is Micro ATX and so is your case. you psu should have a 24-pin for the motherboard and a 4-pin for cpu power. and the motherboard only works with DDR3

So any micro atx mb can fit in my case is that what you are saying?

Also, you said my psu should have a 24pin , are you sure? or do you want me to look at my psu model number?

So any micro atx mb can fit in my case is that what you are saying?

Also, you said my psu should have a 24pin , are you sure? or do you want me to look at my psu model number?

yes thats its

i was looking at the the older motherboard you posted on your first post and that motherboard has the 24-pin and the 4-pin power connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back