TechSpot

Report: Facebook reads users' text messages

By Archean
Feb 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Report: Facebook Read Users' Text Messages

Fox News summarized the article and said Facebook admitted to reading text messages as part of a trial to launch its own messaging service. It is not clear whether Facebook has discontinued the practice.

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,406   +240

LOL, sorry, I'd love to see it get shutdown. :)

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,270   +1,554

Why were they reading the content of the messages? The content of the message is irrelevant to starting a messaging service.

4. learninmypc

Nosey. Truthfully, I don't know. I don't want anything to do with facebook or social media.
    I've heard people refer to mark as a dictator.

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,270   +1,554

Ouch, thats a hefty accusation!!

6. learninmypc

I won't argue, but I guess it all depends on how you like "MANDATORY" in social media.

7. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,711   +62

After doing phone surveys years ago it became clear to me every little piece of information is worth something. Say they see a huge amount of chatter saying xx politician looks like a lilly in his xx shoes, i bet that info would be worth something to said politician. Actually more likely used for marketing purpose.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.