Request suggestion for multi-monitor

Hello, I am looking for suggestions for solutions for multiple monitor support.

EXISTING
I currently use an HP EliteBook laptop. When at home office, I run 4 monitors now.
- VGA connector direct
- HDMI connector direct
- USB2 driver & adapter (Eclipse)
- USB3 driver & adapter (jCreate5)
This works fine. I am generally spanning multiple spreadsheets across two monitors so I can manipulate for project work and using the other two for varied combination of word processor, project schedule, email, web, VPN company intranet, or video meetings.

I also travel a good bit and want at least a second monitor for my temporary needs whilst remote for single to multi-day work efforts at varied locations. Lugging or pre-shipping to location a lightweight LED standard monitor has been unattractive and underwhelming. Schlepping on the single laptop monitor is driving me insane past the 1st day.

I came across the ASUS MB169B+ which seems perfect for my travel needs and purchased it.

However, I realized upon install that I have to delete the jCreate5 USB3 driver since can only have one USB3 driver for monitors on Windows 7. Cramps me a bit, I have to reduce to 3 monitors at home office, now that I am very used to it for my productivity.

SUGGESTIONS?
-- Suggestion for a portable USB travel monitor with a driver versatile enough to also support (not at same time) a USB3-to-VGA/HDMI adapter?
-- Suggestion for a solid travel monitor (fit in briefcase) that is not USB3? I can deal with separate power cord and a VGA cable.

Thanks for any consideration.

Back