Requested logs from preliminary removal

By kha
Jun 24, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I have just completed the preliminary removal and as instructed have attached the requested logs - I would appreciate it if you could tell me if there is anything else I need to do from here.
    I also have a autorun.inf worm on my usb data stick which i can't remove and i am wary of connecting it to my computer in case it reinfects it after running the above process!!!
    Any advise on this would be much appreciated as the data stick is full of important docs
    regards
    Kirsty
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

The experts will tell you more, soon.
    However, you have a Trojan Vundo variant, two instances. They will advise you on the fix.

On the other hand, you may be carrying too much of a load for Windows 2000:
    I see software that didn't protect you
    Trendware - Trend Net
    SuperAntiSpyware
    House Call
    CCleaner
    Adaware
    SpyBot
    Zone Alarm Firewall.
    Alwil AVAST antivirus
    Windows Registry Cleaner
    Auto Run Cop
    Error Repair Professional
    PC Guard
    Stealth Malware Detector
    Combo Fix
    Bit Defender
    True Vector Internet Monitor

I don't know how much memory you have, or the size of your free space, but you are asking a lot of your Windows 2000 install, and you apparently are not being protected well by what you have.
    I would use Avast, then add Spyware Doctor or WebRoot Spyware, along with Zone Alarm and Adware. Drop the rest. But first you have to get it clean.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.