Requesting help with Vundo. Logs attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been dealing with what I believe is a variant of the Vundo trojan for the past week or so. I have tried getting rid of it on my own to no avail, there is always one file that seems to remain and recreate the other files with random names.

My scans from Malwarebytes have turned up with files titled "Vundo" and "BHO.H."

The symptoms I have been dealing with are slowdown (particularly when using search functions and upon reboot/startup) as well as constant pop-ups advertising rogue programs. Sometimes I will be unable to access a site at all unless I try multiple times. I have tried "VundoFix" and oddly enough, no results turned up at all.

I completed the 8-step process for removal, and I will now attach my logs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Observation: More progress is needed.
  • Your logs show found but unanswered items - React to unanswered items appearing in scan logs
  • NO Action’ - Remove Selected when offered by MBAM
  • 'Delete on Reboot’ - Restart the computer after concluding the scan

Continue with guide.
Successive scans are used to uncover additional infections, since masking is common with many infestations. When a tool reports something it can not clean, that's when the strategy calls for a stronger scan program​
  • Update both MBAM & SAS. Rerun them both.

• This effort is complete when logs report NO infections/threats, or reporting something it can not clean.
    • Typically extra repeat scans are not needed
  • Posts logs. Report progress & what changes are observed. Include logs that found infections.

Hm. I thought I had them both updated, but I guess I didn't. Anyway, here's the new logs. It seems to be clean. Let me know if there's anything else I should do. Thanks.

You're clean. In the fiirst round of logs, I reacted to 'delete on reboot', and assumed reruns were needed. I took a shortcut and asked for reruns. Sorry if that took unnecessary effort.

No no, there was no problem at all. I feel dumb for having so much trouble with this for the past week when all I needed to do was update my Malwarebytes and SAS. =P Thanks again for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back