TechSpot

Research shows texting while driving with Google Glass equally distracting as with a mobile phone

1. Using Google Glass behind the wheel might seem safer than using a regular phone, but that's not necessarily true. A new research has found that texting while driving with Glass is as dangerous as doing it using a mobile phone.

Read more

2. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,101   +345

I'm gonna file this in the "duh" catergory.

3. CJ100570

CJ100570 TS Rookie Posts: 18

Lol. Exactly! We don't need a study to tell us that doing other things while driving is distracting.

4. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +273

Unfortunately much of our population isn't keen enough to realize how obvious this research is. That is a good reason to have these studies to help prove to some that doing anything that you have to think about while driving is a bad idea. Of course a good portion of said population probably won't even heed the warning. I still see texting and driving all the time despite all the billboards, ads, TV commercials, radio commericals, public service announcements, etc.

I still see people talking on the phone and driving, while typically not as bad, is still a distraction. I see police playing with their laptops all the time too while driving. I haven't done the research but I'd be willing to bet some money that police officers have had crashes too as a result of looking something up on their computer while driving.

5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 750   +270

ANYTHING that takes your attention off the road is equally distracting as texting with a mobile phone. It's just that longer texts take more time off the road than most other things...

6. We need laws and legislation mostly for dumb people. Why else would people drive into trees while texting? "My brain hurts", scratch scratch.

7. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,178   +72

The obvious conclusion: you need to keep a larger distance when texting using Google Glass.

8. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

1.6 Million accidents per year because the Morons insist on using cellphones while driving?

The resulting carnage and human suffering, not to mention the costs to each and every one of us, is astounding.

Welcome to the NWO where stupidity runs rampant.