Reserved partition?

when i formatted my laptop using win7 DVD i have deleted all partitions and created a new ones but beside the 100 MB ,partition 1, there was 128 msr(reserved) partition appeared and the windows loader was not accepted even it worked on different laptops and pc's
what is the problem

MSR partition

I have a laptop with an old version of windows vista when I tried to install windows 7 I managed to delete all drives and created new ones but when I reached the page to choose on what partition I should install the operating system this drives appeared:
Partition 1 100 MB
Partition 2 MSR 128 (reserved)
Partition 3 100 GB
Partition 4 400 GB
This is the first time I saw the partition which I wrote it in Italic.

My very first thought here was going "old school" and deleting the drive the old way! I know most computers now a days do not come stock standard with a diskette drive. But if yours does, and you've got an old MSDOS diskette laying around, say version 4.0 or higher, I would use that. Format the drive through MSDOS, when prompted to I would type in FORMAT C: and sit back and watch the old magic. Then with your Windows 7 installation disk, I would go about formatting the drive to NTFS and whoola your home!

I know the MSDOS thing here was an odd and silly recommendation, I just reverted to old school for a minute.....sorry.

Dear Tmagic650,

Dear Tmagic650,
the idea not deleting but every time I create partitions this drive MSR appears.

+1 to what zen posted

MSR is the microsoft system recovery partion and must be removed manually if i remember right.

If you have access to FDISK or similar on a bootable CD (Hiren's is ideal, and available as a free download), this can be used to remove all partitions prior to trying the install again (similar effect to the DOS format suggested earlier)

Back