Reset BIOS password

I put a password on my bios page and can't remeber what it was. (was kinda drunk at the time) I have W3506 2.5Gig celron radeon200expres motherboard. Does anyone know how I can reset the password so I can reset to factory default? EMACHINES wants $100 to answer this question, WTF?, Oh forgot OS is XP sp3.

gman11364

You will need to track down the manual for your motherboard or go to the OEM website and download it. Read through the manual and you will find a section on how to clear you CMOS on your motherboard. Clearing your CMOS will revert your BIOS back to factory default settings (I.e with no password).

On most motherboards it is done via a jumper, or on newer motherboard a push button. This is where the manual will help you to locate the jumper on the board.

Cheers

First we need to know if it's a desktop PC or a Laptop.
If it's a desktop, please do this steps :
(make sure that your computer is completely turned off, and unplugged from the electrical outlet)
1) Open up your tower case.
2) Remove the CMOS battery and wait for a moment.
3) Then, put it back and put the tower case's back.
4) Last, turn on the PC and try to look if the problem is already resolved.

Good luck!

Password reset

I can't find the manual, even on line. Removed the cmoss battery for 18 hours and still didn't clear password. LOST

The easiest (and most recommended) way is to find the reset jumper. Sometimes it's right by the CMOS battery, but it's often grouped with other jumpers to make it easier to find. Look closely for a 3 pin set that has a jumper on 2 of the pins now (this can sometimes be a DIP switch also, but those are more rare). It is typically labeled on the board, but the label can vary: CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, CLR, PASSWORD, PWD, etc. It should have a label that indicates something about clearing, passwords, or CMOS. If you find the jumper, be sure the power is off, and switch the jumper to the other possible location on the 3 pins. Note that some power supply & motherboard combos keep power to the board, so you may want to physically unplug the power, just to be sure it's off completely. Once the jumper is in the new position, power up, and the password should be cleared. If you know it cleared, shut back down, power off, and switch the jumper back to original position.

If you can't find the reset, try the battery again. However, be sure you are completely disconnecting power (not just shutting it off) when you pull the battery. Wait at least 5 minutes, then put the battery back in and power up.

If neither of those work, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's obviously not in EMachines' knowledge base, and the fact that there are no manuals available for download, and you have to pay for any support no matter what (with no option to just ask a question in a support forum or something like that) is a little annoying. Kinda makes their "CustomerCare" moniker an oxymoron, I think.

Good luck!

One note, gman... I did a little digging and found that the motherboard in your system should be an Intel D101GGC. The best I could find as far as info in my quick check was this link:

http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket775/D101GGC_jumpers.shtml

Apparently, that e4allupgraders.info website was created because of the notoriously lacking EMachines documentation and lousy support. You may be able to dig through there (or ask your reset question) and actually get an accurate response about your specific system.

Thank you

Hey cool it worked but I thought it would also fix my smbus and vidio controllers. Thats why I wanted back into the bios. Bit it still says no driver for bus controller and no driver for vidio controller. I used to play a few games that don't work anymore, get an error message (direct 3d wouldnot work). Wonder why not? And all the sites including Emachine.com to download theses drivers are from other companys and the all want money for it. Sure they will scan for free, but you have to buy it befor it will fix it. DOH!!! So guess I am still screwed LOL.

Wow, eMachines is even worse than I thought... Charging for their drivers? That's just pathetic!

I did a quick check of that e4allupgraders.info site, and found this page:
http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket775/D102GGC2.shtml

That has all of the info on your motherboard, including possible upgrades and links to download the latest drivers for free, even has a manual for download. I'd start there, then see if it clears up any of your issues.

If you are just using the integrated video (ATI Radeon X300), then you may want to look at AMD's website, see if there are any later video drivers for that X300 - the ones available for download on e4allupgraders are dated 2009, there may be more recent ones that work better.

You may also want to try reinstalling DirectX, the Direct3D error you are getting could indicate something corrupt in those modules, if you still have the problem even after installing good video drivers.

Back