Resetting an iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

learninmypc

A friend asked me how to reset her Iphone 5, but I told her I had no idea but I knew somebody who did. So although I have no model #, I'm sure you guys/gals can help. TIA :)

All what you need to do is hold the home button and the power button until the Apple logo appears. This is the same for all iOS devices :).

Reset is a vague word in this context. What JC describes in the 'Restart/reboot' equivalent to an iPhone.

If you want to 'reset' it to factory settings? Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

Reset is a vague word in this context. What JC describes in the 'Restart/reboot' equivalent to an iPhone.

If you want to 'reset' it to factory settings? Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Yes, that is exactly what she wants to do. Thank you to both. :)

Ok, I just received said iPhone instead of the iPad I wanted :) & I need a tutorial.
ALL it came with is the power/recharge cord. I had a friend set up the Apple ID :).

Did I goof? I need the tutorial for the iPhone, not iPad. Its been a very looooooooooooooog day but a damn happy one. :)

I am not big on Apple products. But my phone will do this when it is not getting a strong enough connection. Have you tried letting it accept cookies? If so is it working.

I went out today & took some pictures with the iphone & when I got home, I emailed them to myself but when I went to download them to my computer, they were in a zipped folder, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back