Resolution too high and can't change it

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I seen before so I set it as that. Everything worked fine intill I started to play swtor and when I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold. I have a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti. I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works. I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything. The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card. I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work. I don't know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that. Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy! If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me.

I have a:
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
300W power supply

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

Yes, I realized that, but I didn't know what you had already tried, because you hadn't specified. Anyway, try it, and let us know.
Generally, if you choose a resolution higher than what your display can handle, problems do arise.

When you boot Windows, just before the splash screen press F8 to get the boot options. If you are using XP, select "Enable VGA Mode". If using 7, select "Enable Low Resolution Video". That will boot Windows normally, except with a low resolution. Once Windows has booted, switch the resolution to what you want.

This is better than booting in safe mode because it boots a full boot of Windows, not a minimal boot. So once you switch the resolution to what it should be everything is ready to go, you won't need to reboot again like with Safe Mode.

I just tried what u both said and nothing worked. Thanks for your time and your help though. I really think is maybe because the graphic card is not getting enough power so ima buy a new Power Supply.
Thanks for your help

I just tried what u both said and nothing worked. Thanks for your time and your help though. I really think is maybe because the graphic card is not getting enough power so ima buy a new Power Supply.
Thanks for your help

Yeah, it's definitely not the resolution since VGA mode didn't work, as SNGX suggested.

I have a similar problem but it's with windows 10. I adjusted the aspect ratio and when it loads up I just get a blank screen. I've got to this stage where I have 2 options. Windows boot manager and enter setup. Help plz

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I seen before so I set it as that. Everything worked fine intill I started to play swtor and when I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold. I have a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti. I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works. I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything. The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card. I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work. I don't know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that. Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy! If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me.

I have a:
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
300W power supply
Hello, I don't know if you still need help. But this happened to me but a little different. My graphics decided that 1920x1024 was the best resolution for my screen so I pressed yes. So what happened was that it says Not supported. So I booted into safe mode. system restore. and boom! it worked. Hopefully this works. If it didn't next time you can read this or share with friends, glad to help

I have a similar problem but it's with windows 10. I tried to do it in BOOT MENU but I can't find out how to chance it.

Turn off the computer, turn it back on, just before the windows 10 post screen appears, hit the reset button on your case.
It should temporarily enable safe mode, "recovery mode" for windows 8.1-windows 10.
I suggest you carefully read this topic here as posted, once you understand that, you should be able to operate it without making you're pc unbootable.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-boot-into-safe-mode-windows-10-a.html

Turn off the computer, turn it back on, just before the windows 10 post screen appears, hit the reset button on your case.
It should temporarily enable safe mode, "recovery mode" for windows 8.1-windows 10.
I suggest you carefully read this topic here as posted, once you understand that, you should be able to operate it without making you're pc unbootable.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-boot-into-safe-mode-windows-10-a.html
Great reference for Win/10 Safe Mode (y)

Back