Not open for further replies.
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64
1GB RAM
160GB WD SATA HDD
ATI All-In-Wonder 7500
Samsung DVD-ROM Drive
Windows XP

Initial build. Used another PC to load OS onto hard drive then used Sysprep to clean and get ready for installation into above machine. BIOS detects all hardware OK, windows begins to start, i.e. I get window's splash screen with the blue moving loading bar and then the machine restarts. If I try and enter safe mode the list of drivers scrolls on the screen until it gets to some of the *agp*.dll and then restarts. Ideas?

You could remove the Video Card:
Specs required here:
Pentium® 4/III/II/Celeron™, AMD® K6/Athlon®/Athlon® XP or compatible with AGP 2X (3.3V), AGP 4X (1.5V), or AGP2X/4X universal slot

And test again
If it works, you could possibly just re-install the card again (sometimes this works, after boot up without it in first)

Ok remove card
Hold in Power On button for 30secs without the power cord in (dispersing all internal power)
Put the card back in
Boot up

I used an OEM windows xp disk to install onto the drive initially. Thought that might be at least part of the problem so I am in the process of getting a new retail copy.

the problem lies with your harddrive. If this happens at my work (1000 pcs) we just format them and rebuild them and they work fine.

Ironically

Yes Format and re-install will fix any software fault :)
Not Hardware (like if it lies with your harddrive) of course

If i try to load the OS on this machine I get a blue screen error msg about a hard drive problem. But I can use another machine to load the OS just fine. It will boot and operate on the other machine. I used that one to load thew OS and used Sysprep to clean it and get it ready for first boot on the machine I am building.

Could be a faulty partition table on the HardDrive, or even a faulty HardDrive itself
You could wipe the Partition (of course this will remove everything on the HardDrive)
Or just put another HardDrive in to eliminate it, as the possible cause

bdegraves said:
If i try to load the OS on this machine I get a blue screen error msg about a hard drive problem. But I can use another machine to load the OS just fine. It will boot and operate on the other machine. I used that one to load thew OS and used Sysprep to clean it and get it ready for first boot on the machine I am building.

if u use another machine to load the OP system it will never work, the wrong drivers are loaded by the OP system.

sounds to me like u need a new hard drive.

nickc said:
if u use another machine to load the OP system it will never work, the wrong drivers are loaded by the OP system.

sounds to me like u need a new hard drive.

When I use the other machine to load the OS I run Sysprep afterwards which clerars all of that out and brings windows back to a first run state.

when the OS is put on with the Windows disk, there are drivers put on for everything that are not there the way u are doing it and things are going to have a hard time running right, or won't run right.

Actually what is the make of the HardDrive
There was a manufacture one that di strange things

Anyway, how did try another drive go? Or at least remove partition fully (no setup) on another computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back