Restarts and some bsod

By z3phir
Jul 2, 2008
  1. lately my comp started to behave very strange, restarts and some bsod(rare)
    i attached some dump files the most recent ones if more are needed i can upload more
    usually restarts when i try to play a game after random time periods
    i have a nvidia 7600gs with latest drivers installed
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

In all four minidumps the WinDebugger symbols could not load to give code errors. Two of the drivers cited were core Windows drivers.

Another driver was nv4_disp.dll which is a Nvidia driver.

The last driver cited is yk51x86.sys which belongs to NDIS5.1 Miniport Driver for Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller and/or Adapter.

Do the following:

1. Run ChkDsk in the Run box.

2. Scan for viruses, etc.

3. Run MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes.

4. Run a full harddrive diagnostics.

* One other thing, did you have these issues prior to SP3?
  3. z3phir

z3phir TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for responding

now that i think about it before installing sp3 i had about 2 bsod in a year
    why do u ask about sp3 any particular reason i should not use it ?

i analysed all my dump files(I'm curios so i learned how to to that) and in the majority of times nvidia drivers are the guilty part only the last 4 that i posted here are related to windows core

i tested the memory is ok

nod32 didn't report any viruses
    kaspersky no viruses
    avira no viruses

for the hdd diagnostic i have to wait some time because i have 4hddx400gb and will take some time

thanks for responding
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

People are having issues with SP3 such the kind you are experiencing. Their systems were stable prior but after installing a myriad of issues have occured across a fairly broad spectrum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.