Restored Registry - Some Programs Not Showing/Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I restored my registry via the recovery console. I restored from an old file. I have some installed programs after the restore file's date and now those programs don't show up in "Add-Remove Programs" or in the Start Menu

I can see them in the C:\Programs folder but they don't run if I try to click on the program's .exe file from there. Nothing happens; I know it's because of missing registry files due to the old restore file.

How can I uninstall those programs or get them to work again?

Mailpup is right about using system restore if your current state of your operating system is really not usable at the moment.

The problem is that you restored your registry to an earlier state of the operating system. Therefore, anything that you installed after the backup copy was made was NOT put into that backup copy. So you would see programs not working because you restored the registry to an earlier state before the programs that are no longer responding were added to the registry backup. This is why it is highly recommended that you make usual backups of your registry to avoid, or limit problems like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back