Retrieve pictures from camera

jcdnavalta

i have this samsung digital cam. we had our party yesterday, and did some pic. the problem is, my 5 year old niece played it. and when i checked it out, i found out all the pictures were GONE!! even the pics that were protected were also gone. :(

can you help me guys how to retrieve those pics???

and also one thing - my pc can't read my digital cam. i can't open it. and when i tried to install it, it says error during the installation. maybe it has something to do with the software???

thanks guys!

~jcd

Lost digital camera pics.

If you bought the camera new, you will have found a cd in the box, and that will work with Windows to read the pictures from the camera through a lead to a USB port.
But you don't have to use the camera makers' software, you should see your camera in 'My computer' as 'Devices with removable storage', assuming you have the correct lead. When you open the device, there will be a folder 'DCIM' and inside that another folder, with the date you put the card in the camera.
If you have a separate memory card reader, and put the card in that, same applies, look in 'My Computer' second line down, should be your card reader.
If you can't see any pictures, you will need to use one of the many programs that will search for them. Even if your pictures were all deleted on the camera, it's most likely you will still be able to find them again. There are several well-known programs for windows that you can download for free, then point that program at your card reader and scan it.
You will need to save the 'found' jpegs to a different place, on 'C' will be fine.
In the meantime, don't take any more pictures, you would most likely overwrite the pictures you want. This does work, I've done the same several times.

i also agree with all.. put the memory into your computer then look thru it as mike suggests. If you can finds things / some look missing try
==> The recovery tool JMMD supplied
==> And, if still need be, here's another to try i;ve heard good things about Recuva

Back