Revamped Apple TV to get iOS 4 and apps, but no 1080p

By Jos
Aug 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Following up from earlier reports, Engadget brings us some new information about the next version of Apple's "hobby" set-top box project. Citing the same trusted sources as before, the gadget blog claims Apple will be officially changing the name of the device to iTV, which was the original name for Apple TV when it was first introduced, and brings the set-top box in line with the iPhone, iPad, and the company's other iOS devices.

Read the whole story
  2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 709   +28

Should be interesting. Will they care that in UK we have a television company called ITV already..
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,400   +832

Well sure, but do you have it with the small "i"...? :rolleyes:
  4. it doesn't have 1080p yet becasue apple hasn't invented it yet. :)
  5. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Why bother adding 1080p when you can make all that money with an app store... hah.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,400   +832

1080"i" or "i"1080 You Make the Call.......

Since this is Apple we're talking about, wouldn't they at least have 1080 > "i" <. Or would they call it " i1080", to avoid paying royalties...?
  7. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

it should be i080p
    sounds much more cool ;)
  8. peas

peas Newcomer, in training Posts: 49

1080p isn't important because Steve Jobs says so... until the next version of iTV supports 1080p, wherein Jobs will say that anything less than 1080p is inferior.
  9. midnyte000

midnyte000 Newcomer, in training

Streaming 1080p over the internet would look horrible anyway, so it's not a huge loss.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.