Reversed 12- and 5- rails

My -12v is showing -5 and same for -5 is this something I should be worried about, I have random cpu lock up's and cant point my finger at anything but faulty psu

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 4
I'd say it's more likely the monitoring tool is showing the rails the wrong way around for your particular motherboard. Can't remember exactly but not sure the negative voltage rails are used?

How do your CPU temps look? I presume they are fine? Have you tried removing components from your PC to isolate the problem?

I just checked my monitoring program "System Information for Windows". Given the same program build number in both machines. My Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit box's 12 volt rail reads 12.48+ volts.

My Windows 7 Pro 64 bit reads .90+ volts. Yes, that's 9/10th of a volt. The computer seems to be running fine though.

I agree with the above that it is likely a reporting issue rather than actually incorrect from the PSU.

For the random lockups, have you ran memtest overnight? Have you looked in your event viewer for app or system errors around the time of the lockups?

Sry for the slow replay and yes I have looked in the event viewer im seeing is

Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.

it was coming up with a sysaudio.sys 0x7E I pined it down on the Hdmi and the onboard conflicting now it randomly, just goes to a black screen like saying no signal or.. locks up in makes the worlds most awful noise out of the speakers.

I finaly used a volt meter to check the psu works, ran memtest86 4 passes one stick of ram was bad relay bad I removed it ran memtest again ran with no errors then after that I broke down reformatted reinstalled windows xp. its now still doing the same as before with the random black no signal and locking up this is a
sr5701f compaq

downgraded to windows xp pro.
400-SP antec powersupply
ati hd5450
iris8 motherboard the bios is relay bad on it
athlon 4450e dual core 2.31ghz
was 3gb of ram took the 1gb stick out cause it was bad so 2gb of ram now

and to the one post the cpu runs around 35c and 56c on a heavy game load
the gpu runs 48c idle and around 72c on heavy load fanless gpu done some reading up and it seem very common for hd5450 to run hot

Back