RGB no input signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys I am new in this forum, and just registered on Tuesday.

I am having this problem on my PC for less than 3 weeks now.

The monitor says "RGB No Input Signal" this is the first time I encountered this problem, after using it for more than 2 year but less than 3 years.

This happened when I tried to switch it on when I went home. It displayed the message "RGB No INput Signal" in RED on the monitor, after that it turned blank no picture just pitch black.

This happen for 2 weeks but somtimes it turns on normaly but then after 2 weeks no longer start nomal. only the message in red colour and then blank. I tried to switch it on a lot of time but no use stil.

All the cables were plug correctly and tightly but still. All the cpu fans working properly.

I seriuosly need help as soon as possible pls.

Pls give us more info, what kind of monitor, im guessing crt since its an older interface, and your pc specs. Pls

I had this problem a couple of months ago, it ended being the computer's fault because it wasn't sending the signal to the monitor..I almost got rid of my monitor get your computer checked out.

I don't know, bro.

That's exactly what my last CRT did just before it croaked.

Try swapping it with a friend's tube first. That's free.

It was an ancient Gateway E-1400 Celeron "OG"! lol

Laptop CD-ROM, and a flip-flop drive. Which I haven't seen on a computer in a LONG time.

Still have a bunch of floppy's and some 64Mb RAM I'm going to make a dreamcatcher out of.

Hi guys thanks very much for your replies.

The monitor I use is a 17" TFT monitor.

The spec's. I really don't know sorry, but what I can only remember was that the graphic card is a 7100 GS 256mb and it is a dual core processor.

The truth is when the computer was purchased 2 years ago. After it was bought I purchased the 7100 GS 256mb graphic card becuase the graphic card it had was just a 64mb.

After that we transfered several times from flat to flat, for 4 times and then on saturday for the fifth time. But the fourth time is where it croaked.

This are the only things I can provide. One more thing when ever I switch the computer the screen says RGB NO INPUT SIGNAL(in colour red) and also when ever I plug the connector again, but when ever I unplug it says CABLE SIGNAL DISCONNECTED (In clour red the same).

I hope this would help you solve my problem.

You say you have moved your machine a few times. If this is a computer with a separate graphics card you may have jarred it loose or there could be corrosion present on the contacts of said card. This could be true in the case of an older computer. You need to find out if there is, in fact a separate card, and reseat it before we could be of further assistance.

Take a few minutes to learn about anti-static and other precautions you need to be aware of, before venturing inside your computer.

Another ugly possibility is, if your motherboard is using onboard graphics, that the motherboard itself could have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back