Rift Goes Free to play

M

MrBlkfx1

Not sure if anyone else plays RIFT here besides me. But, it looks like it will be going free to play in the near future.

I'm not necessarily excited about it. Especially if it ends up turning into a P2W game. However, just putting this here in hopes that some of you MMO fans will consider joining when it goes F2P. It will be nice to have some TS members to play with.

I am not really into that "killing monster" stuff lol. My friends have been telling me to play LoL for months now, but I refuse since I never liked those types of games. I have Dota 2, but have never played it. Whatever time I get, I usually play Planetside 2 nowadays. I may get into LoL and Dota 2 over the summer, and if I like them, I will join you in Rift :). I have been waiting for Trion to release End of Nations. I played all of the alphas and betas and love it. Too bad it is going through hard time right now. Hopefully F2P Rift can help boost Trions profit.

I may come back and play once in a while. I enjoyed the game but got a bit bored with it after a while and didn't want to keep paying when none of my buddies were playing anymore.

Yeah, RIFT can get a little boring if you have nothing to work toward. Personally, I'm just getting back into PVP trying to cap my rank off. But, Trion is working on another big update. Hopefully it will pump some life back into the game.

Back