TechSpot

RIM: BBX platform combines the best of BlackBerry and QNX

By Jos
Oct 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BlackBerry maker Research In Motion has officially announced the next-generation operating system that will power all of the company's devices going forward. Up until now BlackBerry OS served as theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. mosu

mosu TS Enthusiast Posts: 312   +13

Good Luck!

3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I wish them the best. More competition is always best for the consumer... they just need to execute on the hardware, software, and services.

4. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

I really hope this works out for them. I recently switched back to Blackberry (like I always do) from Android. I have tried both Android and the iPhone extensively and always go back to my BB because it just works better for business. Plus, I don't play games on my phones, I have PC for that...Good luck RIM!

5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

The cascade UI demo in the video looks to be very promosing. With BBX and the ability to run Android Apps, RIM may not be dead after all, which is good, I like Android and iOS but there really does need to be more competition, end of the day we the consumer benefit the most.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

I hate Blackberrys, I really do, but I have to admit, that was a pretty impressive demo for them. I thought I would never say this but... Good Luck RIM. You never know, make your phones reliable again and make the user experience better then I may just buy your products once again.

7. If there is no GSM cellular on Playbook, it can never compete
    with Samsung Galaxy Tab.

It's still prototype, commercial BBX smartphone/Tablet release
    date ... ???

Good Luck ? I get that in Vegas on BlackJack Table

8. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 921   +57

Looking pretty good, hope they can turn things around.

9. let hope we get the Playbook v2.0 OS soonish, it needs a good boost to get it noticed @ work and start to make a name -- having native email/PIM and Skype on it would help a lot, as well as better Cisco VPN client......if iOS have a Anyconnect client, why can't QNX???

come on RIM, your on the edge of a break through, hopefully more devs will climb aboard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.