TechSpot

RIM delays PlayBook OS 2.0 until February 2012

By Jos
Oct 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It's bad enough that RIM's PlayBook was released on the market without key BlackBerry features like BBM or email, but now the company is saying that the software upgrade that's…

Read the whole story
  2. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 275

If I had paid a much higher price, and held higher expectations of my PB, I'd be very upset.

But what on Earth is going on with RIM? Have Waterloo's Tim Hortons' been sneaking mushrooms into the donuts? Is the coffee laced with LSD? Taking nearly a year to get a native email and calender update out is retarded. Doubly so if it was promised to debut just after the launch. People paid good money for the PB with the expectation that RIM would fulfill its promise; I can't blame many BB users for being very upset.

Currently updated, the PB is an incredibly snappy little device. But RIM is killing it. Who'll want to develop for a device that won't face a major update for another four months? Maybe the PB was an experiment for the company, but whatever the case, they're losing a lot of credibility from both the enterprise and casual users. Companies don't like it when deadlines aren't met. You can bet RIM is going to be 'fired' by quite a few clients in the coming months.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

And what kills me is that Blackberry is supposed to be "superior" in the email category. I would call this irony at its best, but right now it's just sad.
  4. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Elite corporations are prepping for 2012 cataclysm instead of producing revenue generation products. They're in full spending mode prepping for 20 years for living underground.
  5. jonny702

jonny702 TS Member Posts: 26

I would hate to be a RIM shraeholder right now

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.