TechSpot

RIM greenlights second wave of BlackBerry PlayBook price cuts

By Shawn Knight
Sep 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion has given retail partners the green light to slash BlackBerry PlayBook prices yet again. Staples and Office Depot have already jumped at the opportunity with others likely…

Read the whole story

2. 1977TA

1977TA TS Rookie Posts: 90

Knock off 100 more dollars and I'm in.

3. trparky

trparky TS Rookie Posts: 73   +11

Bye bye RIM.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 921   +57

I wonder if the staples in canada is doing this as well.

5. yup, another $100 off and i have all my xmas shopping done ;)

6. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

+1 another $100 off sounds like a deal...

7. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

+1 another $100 off sounds like a deal...

8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

If RIM really are calling in quits in the tablet market, they should drop the prices even more. I don't think this second price drop is going to sell many more units then its selling now, but that's just my opinion

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,538   +331

Sorry RIM, even if you were selling them for 50p, I will not touch one. They are rubbish because your software is rubbish. Or at least, if your Blackberry software is anything to go by, I will need to pull the battery out of this every day, it'll take 10 minutes to boot properly and your battery life will be average. No No, I'm not making the mistake of handing over my money to you ever again...

10. $99 without a rebate and we got a deal

11. Are they still doing that HP thing where they say: "In coming months we will introduce/support . . ." Then they shitcan the whole thing?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.