TechSpot

RIM will continue to support Flash without Adobe

By Shawn Knight
Nov 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion has announced they will continue to support Flash player on their BlackBerry PlayBook tablet despite the fact that Adobe revealed yesterday they were no longer planning to…

Read the whole story

2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

Please RIM, let Flash die peacefully ;)

3. Please RIM die quickly...

4. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I didn't know QNX was heavily based on Flash. Anyways, RIM should focus on developing a solid OS and bringing OS 8(?) to their mobile phones.

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I don't know why, but I really dislike RIM. This news doesn't really help either... :(

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

So basically Adobe went "Guys, i've decided to agree with a lot of you and mobile flash is definately not the way forwards".

Then RIM went "Perfect, now we can offer our users an even more poorer experience".

Or will RIM support HTML5??

7. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 599   +89

The answer to your question is in the article you may want to try reading it again.

8. Let me see here. I have spent countless dollars on PB OS2 which includes Flash and HTML5. Adobe just decided they were wrong and will now focus on HTLM5.

My choices are:
    1. scrap my already in progress work, waste my money
    2. continue with the development of my OS while still supporting both Flash and HTML5

Its interesting people just will see ONLY what they want, taking what appears to be the bad side of things.

9. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

The problem with Black Berries: They just aren't cool.

If RIM could just get a cool factor going for them they could recover.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.