Ripping problem (not really)

circusboy01

I've been ripping music to my computer.. From CDs I burned from way back when Kazaa was still legal. I'm using MediaMonkey. Heres the situation. I have Media Monkey on screen. I put a CD in the drawer,and wait.In a short while this pops up
with the red circle with the grey x in it. (You know the one I mean.)
This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action
Please install a program.Or, if one is already installed create an association
in Default program control panel.
When it first showed up. I thought Oh crap. I ain't got a clue what this is or how to fix it.
I still don't. Here's where the ( Not Really ) comes in. I went ahead and clicked on the
place in MediaMonkey that starts the ripping.It worked perfectly,and has continued to work perfectly for over a 1000 songs..
Anybody know whats going on? What's the warning all about? How come I could still rip my music despite it?
Although I can rip my music, with it popping up each time I put a CD in, I would still like to get rid of it. I'm really tired of the BONK! sound every time it pops up.
Can someone show me how to make it go away? Thanks CB

Yeah, why not just use the Windows Media Player to rip the audio files, and uninstall this Monkey junkey?

Then burn the your audio CDs with "ImgBurn". This program allows you to insert CD text into them also.

I almost never turn on the computer sound, and play back any CDs I create with my home audion system. I realize this won't work for everybody, but it gets rid of all the useless noises that Windows makes anyway, without changing any settings.

As to a more direct answer to your question, "doesn't have a program association with this file", you have no default program associated with the types of files you're trying to open. If you did, you should either have a program launch when the CD is loaded, (full auto-play), or if auto-play is not enabled, you should get the "what do you want to do with this CD window" pop-up.

Back