TechSpot

Ripping Sound from a DVD

By talkindhead80
Feb 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im trying to rip the scores from several DVD's of which no soundtrack was ever released. This is not for a commercial venture whatsoever, merely my own personal entertainment.

I have successfully ripped the 5.1 track using Smart Ripper, and have had marginal success from there on. I use a program called HeadAc3he to convert to wav and then another program to convert to mp3.

When in headache, there are options to alter the Input/Output channels so that I can remove the audio from the center speakers. The problem is, the cursed sound effects coming from the are still included in the track.

My question is: Is there a way to alter the input/output settings so let the sound effects (laser beams etc) are gone or at the very least muted? I have heard some successful scores ripped from dvd where this has been done very well, mine are simply sounding as if the voices are gone, that is all.

Much help/advice would be appreciated
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.