TechSpot

Roccat's Ryos MK Pro mechanical keyboard has per-key backlighting

By Matthew
Jan 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Compared to most of its rivals, Roccat has been relatively slow to take advantage of the rising interest in mechanical keyboards, but that's about to change this quarter when the company ships its first Cherry MX-based offering. Roccat is preparing...

Read more

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

Please take my money now! xD

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 958   +49

Okay, that preview/reveal/commercial video is pretty hype. It only hurts me to thing there are keyboards with RGB LED lighting, USB3, etc. But then again none of them (or almost none of them to my recollection) have individually lit (and controllable) keys, preferring to use zone lighting instead, nor do they have an awesome video like that.

And "a powerful 2 megabytes of flash memory." XD

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

Roccat's promo videos are always absurd. They make for a good laugh at least.

5. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Addict Posts: 414   +112

That's the best keyboard promo video I've seen in a while, let's hope the product lives up to expectations.

6. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

At the end of the day the most important piece of information is absent: the price...

7. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 734   +230

And just like with all the gaming mice, useful for righties only. Funny how its never occurred to these companies that right-brained males are far more likely to be PC gamers and usually have better-than-average incomes (in fact, nearly all of the serious game addicts I know are lefties). Sure, its only 10% of the population their ignoring but that 10% spends a lot of money on gaming and has addictive tendencies. At least Razor put it to a vote, proving that there was indeed a market for left-handed gaming peripherals.

8. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

Why do keyboard makers always choose to forgo the media buttons on these gaming keyboards?? I can honestly not find a mechanical keyboard with backlighting with a decent array of media buttons. I cannot stand it when the media buttons aren't seperate and large enough to jab in a hurry with one finger

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

I know what you mean, the reason I have a Razer Deathadder Left Handed Edition is because its one of the rarer products out there, If only a Keyboard maker would make a Keyboard where they concentrate on the arrow Keys...

Which is why I have a Cyborg V7, they actually gave the arrow keys some attention.
    But It would be nice to find a mechanical Keyboard like this that concentrated on lefties for once :)

10. The Logitech G710+ has media keys.

11. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

All of my media buttons are global hotkeys (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Space, or similar)...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.