TechSpot

Rogue Leader/GameCube anyone?

By Spyke
May 6, 2002
  1. Hi All!

The release of GameCube is looming, and one of the "star" games to herald its arrival is Star-Wars: Rogue Leader.
    Good timing by Nintendo, what with Episode II around the corner.
    Now, I've seen some adverts, and the game looks good, and the GameCube is launching at a competative price (£130 UK).

There are a lot of Star Wars fans out there (I should know, I'm one myself), and with the SW hype at the moment, is anyone thinking of getting a GameCube just for the New Star Wars Game(TM)?

I must admit, I'm thinking about it, as it looks like a real good Star Wars space combat game!

Thoughts anyone?:giddy:

2. Whack0

Whack0 TS Rookie Posts: 169

wow...

you guys in scotland dont have gamecube yet? that suprises me. i dont own a gc, and i dont plan to get one anytime soon, but i did play a little bit of rogue squadron though. it seemed pretty cool in the 15 minutes i spent playing it, but i would highly recommend you try it before you buy it.

read up on some reviews (if you havent done so already)...

IGN gave it a 9.1/10

GameSpot gave it a 9.4/10

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

After the GameCube is released we will be getting inside toilets and running water. ;)
    I have a PS2 and a PC and have so many unfinished games that it's just not funny anymore so I don't think I will be investing in another platform for some time to come :D

4. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

I cant really afford to buy either a GC/PS2/XBOX, although Rogue Squadron does look quite tempting :)

Also, I still have to finish Jedi Knight 2.

5. LFF-Zidane

LFF-Zidane TS Rookie

Aiight. Gamecube is a great system with a good outlook. The modem and gameboy advance cables coming out soon it should be a promising system. The game Rogue Leader in itself promises to be a great game. I should know, i've played it. in fact my friend and i bought the gamecubes for that game, and super smash bros melee. those are my thoughts, but you really hafta form your own opinion about the game. i like the game, it has kept me content for hours. :D grinthumb
    -Zidane:

6. Spyke

Spyke TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

Arris, you have my sympathies, but the simple answer is work less, play more!:cool:

Yeah, I've seen the reviews, and it does look great, but I've NEVER bought Nintendo before! How long will it be before they release "Star-Wars: Super Mario Rogue Squadron Cadet Racer "?:dead:

I'm thinking now, wait three to six months till the cube+game probably comes down to just over a Ton, then go for it. It'll give me time to finish Jedi Outcast as well!:D

On related theme, I bought Megadrive for Turrican; Playstation for Ridge Racer Revolution, and PC for Combat Flight Simulator, so I may be following a pattern here...?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.