Router Firmware Comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemouse

Hi all,

I have a wrt54GL router, and I was wondering what people thought of various firmwares?

Right now I'm using X-wrt, but to be honest I don't really like some of it's gui.

What would people suggest? I was thinking about using Gargoyle, but I'm not too sure how stable it is: http://www.gargoyle-router.com. It seems to have a lot of nice features, such as an easy to use (unlike X/openwrt) QoS utility and bandwidth quotas.

Maybe DD-Wrt or tomato as well, but I wanted to get some input.

Thanks!

I too would be interested in what people have to say about this. I've glanced over some of this stuff but haven't had the time to seriously research it. There are several members of these forums whose opinions really mean something to me so I hope some of you chime in.

hmm; there are many GUI interfaces that stink, but the software it controls can still be
excellent :)

I'd go for the feature set that gets you where you want to be and try to ignore the irritation generated by the GUI -- as long as you can config as you need.

the only caveat I might raise is the reliability issues (no inferences intended on ANY brand name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back