Router has a mind of its own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i've been running a gaming server for over a year now i currently have over 200 active people connected.

I have a huge problem its nothing i have ever encountered before

My server is running on Ethernet at 100Mbps connected to a router which is then connected to an ADSL and then connected to the phoneline.

I've configured my routers DMZ to 192.168.0.2 thats the servers local IP and has been for over a year. I've got all my ports open that are required for my server.

But ever since I've bought an XBOX 360 it completely mess's up the router reconfigures the DMZ server to 192.168.0.3 or 04/05/06 ... Enables me to play xbox live at sacrifice of the server which then continues to run but throws everyone out... My web server shuts down, my games server shuts down my file host, media and storage making it unaccessible for people to connect.

I need some help thanks

PS my router is a NETGEAR DG834GT

weird that your routers DMZ can be changed automatically, just cos you add a 360 to the mix. Is the 360 wired or wireless?
Is the xbox leasing an IP from your router or server? Or is it manually assigned?
Just wondering if there's a conflict somewhere.
To be honest mate, i can't see why its playing up, i'm just thinking out loud in case something rings a bell with you.

the xbox is on ethernet aswell and runs of a local ip from the router i do not no wth is causing it to play up lol :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back