RPC Failure. Not blaster. Inet diabled asd RPC services crashes! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man am I in the thick of it.

I'm getting the RPC shutdown experienced by so many.

However:

I ran all instructions for blaster variants. Have been running Norton Anti-V and downloaded AVG and others, Microsoft Spyware, Spbot S&D Adaware, etc.. and ran all them. Nothing found.

I cannot monkey with the RPC services as suggested with services.msc because the whenever I try and execute services.msc it just crashes. So I cannot even get through step one.

The only way I've been able to keep my PC up is to run a DOS batch script in the backround that does a shutdown -a in an infinite loop.

I cannot access the internet... ...and network connections just hangs. I can't even MAP TO MY DRIVES from my laptop to backup my latest data! Am I screwed here or what?

...oh and of course I tried to install NT over XP to get access to my data through dual boot but windows says that since the OS I'm trying to install is older, I cannot install it... and I can't back out the windows XP updates.

Any ideas? I'm stuck and fustrated!

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah, tried that. Acts the same way...

In fact things degraded quite quickly today.

The start bar is locked in the "hidden" position.
Drag and Drop no longer works. I had to backup my system with "xcopy"
Now windows is asking to be activated but when I click "OK" to activate, the whole thing crashes. I had to boot with a CD version of linux to retreive the rest of my files...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back