Not open for further replies.

tallb

hi, when i search my address bar i get the following error in a google page:
Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.

so i read i need to do:
ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

well the flush works, but when i try doing the registerdns i get the following msg:
registration of DNS records faild: the RPC server is unavalible.

please help me fix this fast...
thx alot.

use run->services.msc

and verify it is started (dbl-click to get the properties and set as required)

well i have 2 services:
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator

the first one has started and it is automatic , the second one wasnt on but when i pressed the start butten i got this msg:

---------------------------
Services
Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

OK

help?

RPC Locator has a dependency upon Workstation (which should always be active)

BUT RPC Locator is only needed by DCOM (ie remote) programs and best left MANUAL :)

Go thru Kimsland list ...

well step one and two did nothing, now on step 3, while trying to start Computer Browser i got the following msg:

Services
Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

OK

Continue changing the other Services mentioned above to automatic
Then restart

My Computer Browser service is disabled, so just leave yours in Automatic for the moment

:D well i can register my dns finnaly! ^^
just so you get the idea i havent format the computer for like 4 years and all that time ive been having this unable to register dns problem and you jsut solved it thx alot :p your rock
any way my second problem still remains and while were on that may be you could help me out.
well i have google toolbar which allows you to get you to the address by one word like you write "oxford" it gets you to "http://www.ox.ac.uk" this feture is called "browse by name"
http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?answer=9267&hl=en
but when ever i try typing any word at all like oxford it gets me to this page:

Oops! This link appears broken.
DNS error - cannot find server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions
Go to www.*oxfordpulse.*com
Try searching on Google:

Google Toolbar Help - Why am I seeing this page?

©2009 Google - Google Home

pls help me fix that out? hey if its trouble for you to answer up here we can talk on the messenger : email removed

No not interested in Messenger
And I removed your (not allowed) email address on the forum

Google :confused:
I usually remove or deselect this kind of stuff when programs try to install it
It fills up your Startups as reported in HijackThis logs, and I just search from writing in Google search itself
I'm sure some younger person would love to talk to you about re-installing all this Google stuff

By the way, I suppose putting the Services mentioned above into Automatic was the fix ? (because you didn't say)

Anyway, thanks for the update :grinthumb

gah i didnt know email was eilligal :S
any way i too do the same, i usuly defay to these type of things, but i instaleld this program today so i cant posibly need to reinstall it, besides this tool by google is extreamly helpfull.
and yea step 3 was the one to work it out thx alot :D i think it was the Workstation ... could you help me with this dns error thingi?

What? :confused: We write in English here ;) And avoid putting lines in our posts

By the way, just uninstall all your Google stuff
Run CCleaner and restart and then try (installing them) again :)

First, try WinsockXP Fix.

If that fails, let me know... There's more we can do, but that will generally fix it.. I've seen people go through this long, laborious process typing out every step to have you manually fix your connectivity issues, when this tool does it all with one click.

WinSock XP Fix will offer a last option if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to removed or invalid registry entries.

like 4 years and all that time ive been having this unable to register dns problem and you jsut solved it thx alot :p your rock

There is no issue with the users Internet connectivity now :confused:
It's all resolved. WinsockFix not required

lol i knew im going to the best here... adter removing the toolbar and running the ccleaner i've decided not to reinstall the toobar any way, this is preatty annoying cause each time i want to go to a website i have to route threw the google search page... but since you guys cant help me with the google trouble ill just give that up.

I think trying the fix and reinstalling the Google will help. Your problem isn't fixed, you settled for someone who can't fix it telling you the programs you like and want to use are no good, just uninstall them and get over it already basically. If that's ok by you, that's fine, or we can actually fix the problem. I'd sure like to see your Google bar working again, personally.

Up to you.

highly recommend uninstalling Google Tool Bar:- Bloated and totally unnecessary anyway :)

Well... to be fair to Google Toolbar, it has two really good uses. One is the pagerank feature (awesome if you're a webmaster) and the other is the drop down history for searches. I know people who find that really handy.

lots of software has handy/useful features, but imo when they impact performance or
reliability I opt to uninstall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back