Rumor: Android 2.4 to ship this summer

By Emil
Jan 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I scream, you scream, we all scream for... Android 2.4. The latest rumor tells us that Android 2.4 is codenamed Ice Cream, and will be released this summer, according to "multiple sources familiar with the matter" cited by Pocket-lint.

Read the whole story
  2. Pffft! Android? Symbian 3 craps all over that! I should know I've had Android 2.2 and Symbian 3.
  3. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 411   +42

really? Symbian is the worst piece of software I've seen since Windows ME
  4. CamaroMullet

CamaroMullet Newcomer, in training Posts: 115

Maaaaaaaann, I haven't even gotten Froyo OTA on my Galaxy yet. Come on Samsung!
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

6. Froyo was made available through Kies on 24.12.2010 at least here in the UK on Orange. I don't have a rooted phone or anything. Check in Kies if you don't yours available yet.
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I wonder if the original droid will get this?
  8. more than likely it will not even officially get 2.3. unofficially however, you can go to any one of the numerous developer sites (xda-developers to name one) and you can be sure someone will be working on porting it over. they have 2.3 semi working for the original droid already, and I have a pretty much working stable build that I can use for a daily driver on my HTC Incredible.
  9. CamaroMullet

10. princeton

Well.....you could flash another rom :p. I've had froyo before anyone else I know because I just flashed the euro one before canada got froyo. Search Darky's rom. Best ROM for the galaxy S hands down.
  11. CamaroMullet

Yeah, I've thought about doing that. My company supplies the phone, if I break it I have to pay for it. So, dunno.

12. princeton

Worst case scenario you have to reflash the stock firmware.
  13. CamaroMullet

Yeah, true. I guess I'm just lazy. lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.