TechSpot

Rumor: Apple readying a cheaper, 8GB iPhone 4

By Shawn Knight
Aug 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple could very well be building a cheaper, 8GB version of the iPhone 4 to launch alongside the next-generation iPhone. The latest from the perpetual rumor mill suggests that both…

Read the whole story

2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I wonder how long Apple will ride the iPhone.

iPhone 10 maybe?...With the amount of money they're reeming from people, It wouldn't surprise me.

3. 1977TA

1977TA TS Rookie Posts: 89

I'm assuming as long as they are still making a profit we are going see a iPhone1,000,000,000 one day.

4. Still over priced, still fragile and STILL Apple... 3 strikes yer out. The i-phone phenomena made me a Cell phone luddite.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

all that effort still won't make much difference when the wireless industry is so monopolized. lack of wireless plan choices forcing consumers to shell out hundreds dollars a month is by no means affordable or economical.

6. "Still over priced, still fragile and STILL Apple... 3 strikes yer out. The i-phone phenomena made me a Cell phone luddite."

Can you please explain how the iPhone is overpriced?

At $199, it's directly comparable to Android. You will get free text messaging with iMessage, saving you $20 a month. The iPhone and Android phones are the only viable alternatives on the market. Also, if you don't want to pay $200 for an iPhone, you will be able to get the iPhone 4 for $99 with a contract.

Secondly, it's a device that works really well for multimedia, whether it's videos, or music. This basically makes getting a separate dedicated mp3 player irrelevant. For many people living in large metropolitan centres who take public transit, the multimedia aspects are critical when you are on the train/subway for 30 min - 1 hour to work each way x 250 days a year.

Finally, with Amazon, you can tradein your iPhone for a gift card in 12-24 months, etc. recouping some of that $199 initial outlay.

Outside of Samsung Galaxy S2 and other top-of-the line Android smartphones, can you tell me of a better phone for $199 + 2 year contract because I'd love to know. And sorry a BlackBerry is a dinosaur.

7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Whatever its critics say, there's no denying that Apple is on a roll. I guess there is no such thing as selling too many iPhones.

8. Currently iPhone 4 is priced at USD 750, here in INDONESIA
    Pricing is subjective to "Government" - Extreme Fatty Taxes.

Certainly, pricing is not the issue with some territories:

... "What is the Commerce Benefits ?"
    ... "Does Carriers of the regions provide bandwidth ?"
    ... "Are the Services for Users Trusted ?"

Smartphone is all about Service, Commerce, Benefits !