Rumor: Apple to announce two new iPad models in January

By Shawn Knight
Dec 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple could release two new iPad models in less than a month. The new devices are rumored to make their debut at iWorld (formerly Macworld Expo) which is scheduled for…

Read the whole story
  2. can't wait!
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

Is it going to be iPad2.5 and iPad2-S ?

:eek:
  4. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

"the other sensor with an 8MP lens.". 8MP sensor maybe more accurate?
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,048   +697

Considering the new Kindle Fire puts the emphasis on the cloud and streaming instead of local storage like the current iPads, I'd bet the new iPads will follow suit.

Not that it matters since they still cost a ton.
  6. Panda218

Panda218 Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +13

7. It would be nice to see Apple come out with a cheaper tablet/e-reader. I wanted to buy an Ipad2 for someone but had to immediatly change my mind when I saw the price tag. WAY too expensive. Not a lot of ppl can afford to drop $499.99 + AppleCare in one lump sum. I ended up buying a Kindle Fire with Accidental Damage insurance for half of what Apple wanted.
    Maybe we are going to see Apple getting over itself. It would be a nice change of pace.
  8. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

Interested in the price before I get interested in anything else but if I do buy a tablet next year it will be running Windows 8 anyway.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,491   +302

Well I recently played with the iPad 2 and after using the iPhone 4s for a while the screen does look terible, glad to here they are upping it finally.

But since I've been after one for a while if this comes out at iPad 2 prices I'm sold :)
  10. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I'm still sceptical about the 2048x1536 screen resolution. There's going to be a lot of iPad's shipping out with dead pixels, LCD fab technology simply doesn't have the yields to make panels with such a high resolution and no flaws.
  11. gunste24

gunste24 Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

As low level user of an iPad 1, I am impressed with some features but very disappointed in others not found: main one: no means of moving a photo in MAIL to PHOTO collection. One must go via a PC with the transfer option.
    Lots of other minor inconveniences that one has come to expect on a PC.

12. This is curious considering Apple's falling out with Samsung...why would they switch to a third party processor? It's suspicious, at best. Apple releasing 2 products when their current iteration is WAY out front...again, suspicious. But no worries, It's only a rumour :)
  13. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

What are you talking about? Switch to a third party processor? Samsung has always manufactured Apple's mobile device processors. The A4 chip was just a 250MHz downclocked hummingbird with the GPU laser cut down to SGX 535 specs. The A5 is just an Exynos chip downclocked 300MHz and paired with a powerVR GPU instead of an ARM one.
  14. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 155   +22

I am starting a rumor that my John Thomas needs a wheel barrow to aid transport, its as valid as this story
  15. Why is Apple suing Samsung again?
  16. When will Apple put a full-fledged 4G LTE cell phone into it's IPAD?

I want a good 4GLTE cell phone and an Ipad all rolled into one single device.
  17. and all the sheep jump up and down.

I bet people would buy Apple branded "pooh" if it existed.

ha ha.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.