Rumor: Apple TV refresh, 1080p iTunes Store to join iPad 3 announcement

By Shawn Knight
Feb 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. In addition to the expected announcement of the iPad 3 at a media event in early March, new rumors and speculation suggest that we could see a revised Apple TV…

Read the whole story
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,887   +608

Apple TV requires a separate box? Why? netflix and Hulu are built into Blu-ray and PS3 etc, and if Apple has a competing service we'd need to buy another box? I hope Apple or Google (or somebody) provides a decent internet TV package, but don't make us buy another box.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,713   +286

Since when has apple run their software on anyone else's hardware dude? think.
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,362   +260

Finally, a 1080p Box, i can't believe the last one didn't have the ability to output 1080p...
  5. dedparrot

dedparrot Newcomer, in training Posts: 67

he's not saying they have

he's saying it's stupid because they're not
  6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,887   +608

This would be the first time they're selling a software product.

I understand though... they didn't get to be the biggest tech company in the world by selling you one thing, when they could force you to buy two at twice the cost.
  7. Don't like apple; don't like TV.
  8. was thinking about getting this friend has one jailbroken amount of content was huge
  9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,713   +286

well, its worked out pretty well for them so far.
  10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

I looked for Apple TV last Christmas season but was told you'd have to visit and Apple Store for them. It was at Best Buy i think.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.