TechSpot

Rumor: Ice Cream Sandwich coming in October

By Shawn Knight
Aug 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The Android faithful may be getting their hands on the company’s next mobile operating system sooner than anticipated. If true, we should expect to see the launch of Google’s Iceā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Shawn, that picture looks delicious...
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,048   +75

Yup we could have nicked the idea and used an Apple logo cake for mario's b'day :rolleyes:
  4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

... or a Windows Mango phone!

Does this mean the update will be available to all Android devices (assuming manufacturers/mobile companies play nice)?
  5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

These 2 year contracts really suck. I bought my last phone Sept 2009, its amazing to consider how much they changed over the last 2 years.
  6. cardriverx

cardriverx TS Rookie Posts: 84

God I really hope so. My sprint contract is up in Sept, if I could get a nexus Prime the month after with those specs I would be so happy.
  7. Ice cream sandwich? Seriously? Theyre just taking the piss now.
  8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Based on my telecos and samsungs last effort to provide us users with an update, I probably wont get an update till Q2 of next year :( But thats OK because I can get a new phone early next year anyway :) not that i really need one

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.