TechSpot

Rumor: Intel Sandy Bridge-E set to arrive on November 15

By Jos
Sep 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Despite reports to the contrary, it seems Intel's next-gen enthusiast platform may arrive before the end of the year. Previous rumors suggested it had been delayed from Q4 2011 to…

Read the whole story

2. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

X-79 cometh ! with quad-channel memory, will we get to see boards with 8 DIMM slots ? How the manufacturers will fit all those slots into a motherboard without going to XL board sizes I think is sensible question since it impacts what cases will be needed to accommodate the socket 2011 boards.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

wow! Guess my Cosmos S E-ATX support might just come in handy after all ;) I am actually waiting for Bull dozer but at this rate X79 will be out before they even hit!

4. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 250

oh my god i7-3930K sandy bridge-E with 6 cores 12 threads and 14 mb cache that's great,i cant wait too see its gaming performance, i really think that with this cpu from intel , amd will rest in peace (amd is dead).

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

I hate to admit it, but I'm feeling you might be right :(

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,330   +277

I hope AMD doesn't die - we need them to keep Intel on its toes. I'm also excited because this release puts us that much closer to Ivy Bridge. That's when I'll upgrade next now that my daughter, wife, and I all have Sandy Bridge machines. My younger daughter still has a Phenom II X4, but I may swap her out to my old i7-930.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.