Rumor: iPhone 5 production starting in September, cheaper iPhone model coming

By Emil
Apr 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A new rumor claims that the Apple iPhone 5 will go into production in September 2011. Furthermore, Apple may be developing a cheaper iPhone model with lower specifications. That's according to Avian Securities, which makes its claims based on conversations with a "key component supplier" to Apple.

Read the whole story
  2. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,280   +395 Staff Member

Fan boys are already lining up for the iPhone 5? they don?t care that it might not work ;)
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

I can't wait :) my contract runs out march next year, I'll stick with the 3GS until Next year June (I reckon it'll come out anyway) so perfect timing for this to come out :) hopefully its been delayed for a good reason (such as to make it work as a phone) can't wait! :)
  4. While the phone can be delayed, I seriously doubt that production could start in September 2011 - that's way to late (and the phone would be released after the holiday season), so it's far more likely that September is the release month, meaning production should start somewhere around June. That is, if there is going to be a delay at all.
  5. Oooh I'm so excited !

But wait that block of lard is more functional (and it is cheaper).

One block of lard please !

:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.