TechSpot

Rumor: Samsung to introduce Galaxy S III at Unpacked event in May

By Shawn Knight
Mar 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A new image making the rounds today claiming to be the new Samsung Galaxy S III is getting a lot of attention, not so much because of the image itself…

Read the whole story
  2. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 259   +9

I like this 2 GB of ram and 12mp camera.
  3. SCJake

SCJake Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

finally putting enough RAM in these things. thats the biggest problem with any system that would rather "suspend" a process than kill it as well as have a subpar task manager. Android i love you, and its about time that the phones can handle you correctly
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,047   +38

i hear the quad core is pointless....
  5. about quad cores being pointless. someone once said no one will ever need more than 640 KB of memory. Thanks Bill.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

About this quote - it was taken out of context and blown way out of proportion.
  7. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,047   +38

okay, point received...

let me rephrase my point.

I hear that quad cores in TODAY'S phones are pointless.... now, I see that there would be great improvement over this in years to come... but to jump on the bandwagon for this new quad core phone... the android system wont really utilize all 4 cores...

Just saying, this is what i've heard... no proof or facts here.
  8. 4.7 inches no mames why? for a gorillas hand? 4.5 its a really big limit, and maybe can be usable if the phone has no edges, no buttons only the screen ....but 4.7? that size can ditch a lot of users
  9. quad core in same price point wont hurt. I dont believe they use more power . New Tegra 3 chips one extra core for only power management . They should be more efficient years to come and should handle more threads
  10. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632   +60

That has been proven to be a false rumor. Bill didn't say that.

11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,149   +172

By who? The CEO of Nokia? That's a laugh.

About the only time I can ever think of where the hardware was even remotely over provisioned was the release of the PS3 and there were plenty of people who worked out what to do with it regardless!

If you have a quad core, you can do things that you need a quad core for. If you don't have a quad core, you can't even try.

And forget Bill... if anyone says xGB ram is too much, same argument applies. You can't even try to move forward to an application that *can* use that ram if you don't have it! That's just plain stupid.

The hardware *MUST* lead the software! It can't go the other way around.

12. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

Love the thin bezeless design alot like their new led tvs. Was hoping for a 1920 x 1080p screen but looks like that wont happen this year now. Very happy I traded in my Iphone 4 for a Galaxy Note 5.3 inch screen, much better and 4G speed over Iphones 3G is alot more speed and the screen is amazing 1280 x 800 res videos are like watching my LED tvs at home.
  13. Good Samsung! Waiting for the day to buy the Galaxy S3...
  14. that describes it up quite well,keep up the good work
  15. cookiedude

cookiedude TechSpot Booster Posts: 230

"The image shows some pretty radical design elements including a dedicated camera shutter button on the right side and an Apple-esque physical home button."

The current S2 has a physical home button, what makes it Apple-esque? Did they invent the concept?? :suspiciou
  16. "The current S2 has a physical home button, what makes it Apple-esque? Did they invent the concept?? s:"

and my Galaxy S1 i9000... but then again apple owns the color black
  17. MrWizard77

MrWizard77 Newcomer, in training

That may be true for the average user. If you have rooted your phone and have apps that heavily utilize the CPU(s), quad cores are going to be very welcome.

P.S. Nice hearing from you again, trillionsin. Hope all is well.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.