TechSpot

Rumor smash: Google not launching Google Circles

By Emil
Mar 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. This weekend, ReadWriteWeb posted an article titled "Google to Launch Major New Social Network Called Circles, Possibly Today" that had detailed look about a supposedly new social network that would offer photo, video, and status message sharing. The report, which went into quite a bit of detail about the product, said Google would likely unveil it in some form at South by Southwest Interactive today.

Read the whole story
  2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 317   +18

If I was a betting I would put money on that they are working on a social network thing of their own.
  3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,069   +39

Im sure that is what the article i
    is about, actually.
  4. Google would be the last social network that I would join. They have enough information about me already...
  5. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Oh give me a ****ing break. Facebook harvests MUCH MORE information than google does.
  6. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 317   +18

I have other reasons as to why.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Rather than accept the reality, Facebook users have pretty much shut that part of their Facebook experience out of their minds.

Considering how much Facebook's IPO value is growing, that data appears to be very valuable, and there sure must be a lot of it.
  8. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

Ya but then it will basically be the same info from facebook + the info Google already has. His concern is valid.
  9. bonniesmith

bonniesmith TS Rookie Posts: 40

RRW is known to be wrong a lot, so this is not a surprise at all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.