TechSpot

Rumor smash: Samsung tablets are not selling poorly

By Emil
Mar 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Online media outlet MoneyToday reported on market rumors today that the Samsung Galaxy Tab was not selling well and that inventory was thus overflowing at several hundred thousand units. Shares of the South Korean company fell a bit after it was suggested the product needed to be priced more competitively. Once again, Samsung had to deny market speculation about the poor performance of its Galaxy Tab plan.

Read the whole story

2. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

"Rumor smash: Samsung tablets are not selling poorly"

I think you mean: Samsung tablets are selling poorly.

3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,323   +135

Are not selling poorly?

Umm.... This article is talking about how it IS selling poorly, am I wrong?

4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,323   +135

Sorry, maybe this was referring to an older article that I missed??? Hence smashing the rumor that they are not selling poorly, meaning they are selling poorly....

I must have just misunderstood?

5. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

Didn't the article mention that Samsung dispelled the rumors that the Galaxy tab was selling poorly? If so, then the tab is probably selling as expected. Thus, the rumors that the pad is selling poorly, is smashed.

6. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +58

For those prices i'm surprised they sold any...

7. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

The price is quite alarming, if they do decide to keep to that price point, with all the other options coming out, they WILL sell poorly.

8. techb0t

techb0t TS Rookie

I think we all agree so far...Samsung isn't doing too well in the tablet market. Anyone bought one yet?

9. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +528

^ nope but they are a little bit cheaper than the iPad (last time I checked)

I'd still rather spend that kind of money on upgrading my desktop.