TechSpot

Rumor: Sony to acquire a cloud gaming company

By Jos
May 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Rumors have been doing the rounds the past few days claiming Sony might be making a move into the cloud gaming space. Speculation first started when VG247 posted an article...

Read the whole story
  2. I can't help but think this is where we'll first see those game interrupting ads we all recently read about.
  3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

I still won't buy into such a service until I can access it when I want, where I want. It's bad enough playing a game off my computer, which happens to be single player, but still need to maintain an internet connection.
    Step 1: Global Wifi
    Step 2: Make it affordable for everyone
    Step 3: Insure reliability
    Step 4: Cloud based computing and gaming
    There's three very important steps being skipped here, anyone else notice this?
    Step 5: Sony destroys the industry by introducing game interrupting adds...
  4. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 412   +42

I call BS. Sony can't afford to buy my bum with all the losses they keep raking in.
  5. Gaikai , Warner Bothers, and Turbine have been working on a deal to stream Lord of the Rings Online. Sreaming a MMORPG from the cloud, that would be new

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.