Rumor: Windows 8 will hit RTM in April 2012

By Emil
Jun 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is on track to release to manufacturing (RTM) all Windows 8 versions by April 2012. The plan is to RTM Windows 8 for x86, Windows 8 for ARM/SoC (system…

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Be-ta! Be-ta! Be-ta!
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

What's the big surprise? Well of course it is very early... that is, because it's essentially the same operating system.
  4. I hope Windows 8 isn't just extra touchscreen features and applications. Being somewhat of a touchscreen hater I'm not seeing any reason to "upgrade" from Windows 7. Hopefully I'm wrong, if there are significant improvements and I can remove all the touchscreen crap.
  5. April 1st ?
  6. Uhm... what about x64?
  7. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

It's early because it's their normal release schedule of this OS is going to not work, is incredibly slow, and breaks nonstop. Windows 9 will be the one that actually works, because they'll just fix 8 so you'll spend more money to buy 9 since you bought 8 and it doesn't work.
  8. what about x128?
  9. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

What kind of hardware were you running it on?
  10. It's a good time for me to upgrade my computer in 2012 to get ready for the next generation of PC gaming.

Microsoft should put out Windows 8: End of the World Version on December 21, 2012