TechSpot

Rumored Apple "iWatch" to feature curved glass design

By Rick
Feb 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Fueled by sources purportedly familiar with Cupertino's developments, a report by The New York Times indicates Apple's rumored wristwatch-like device will feature curved glass. Rumors suggest the "iWatch", as it is being called for now, could enter production as early...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,133   +731

Siri might be in there?! Sweet! I've wanted a talking watch ever since seeing **** Tracy with one.

I'll bet it'll do everything it advertises wonderfully, except tell time.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

Iwatch like a normal watch only with a 900% price increase.

negroplasty and m4a4 like this.
  4. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Enthusiast Posts: 245   +31

**** Tracy may prevent crApple from getting a patent on this - at least it should, given US patent law that says that anything from the movies cannot be patented after the fact.

OMG, what will crApple do? :)

5. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 57

6. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

It looks interesting to say the least. I would hope that two versions would be released. One for Iphone the other for everyone else. I know thats too much to hope for but hey....a consumer can dream right?? Wait I forgot....Apple is patening dreaming.

7. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 454   +81

Apple probably saw the pebble startup thing and thought to themselves "someone is trying to enhance our product and get money from it, we must kill this competition!"

I seriously wont be surprised if apple sues pebble soon.

8. David Andrews

David Andrews TS Rookie

Haven't watches have been available with curved glass for about 100 years?

wastedkill likes this.
  9. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

It is actually going to be the iSwatch and it will come in different styles, but you didn't hear it from me.

10. Curved glass design? no aluminum unibody design?

11. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Crap! They're gonna patent curved glass!

12. Smart Watches are hardly new technology - yet every apple user will swear no one has anything like it. As they always do.

Uvindu likes this.
  13. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TS Enthusiast Posts: 151   +41

If you already have an iPhone, what's the point of an iWatch? Oh wells, Apple sheeple will lap this up to add to their repertoire of redundant Apple devices.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.